CP Preparatory School is a warm and inviting environment where children can grow socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively.State Accredited Early Childhood School
Mon-Friday: 6:30 am to 6:00 pm
Brief History and Over View of CP Preparatory School
It all started
in 1997 when
Ms. Dawn Patterson
Had a DREAM for young learners!
Preparatory School was built on a dream for young children to have a safe,
academic environment that would nurture their learning and provide a bight
Nestled within the heart of Mesquite, the CP campus resides on the historic Rutherford property down the street from Mesquite High School. There are two buildings of classrooms for children ages infancy through Transitional Kindergarten, a library ,two playground areas., a large 2500 sq ft. gym and cafeteria. It's all about the student at CP Prep. Each child is viewed as a unique person with an individual pattern and timing of growth and development. The curriculum and teaching staff interaction are responsive to individual students' abilities and interests. This leads to developing a student's self-esteem and positive feelings toward learning.
Classrooms operate in small class ratios, greatly improving on state teacher/student ratios. CP feels that this closer attention to the student allows them the flexibility for each student's learning style.
The curriculum at CP Prep includes the basic studies of Reading, Math, Science, Health and Social Studies, as well as extended studies with classes in Spanish, Art and Music. The success at CP Prep is astounding. On average, students at the end of their Kindergarten year, read at a 2nd grade reading level.
It's not all hard work and studying at CP Prep. School year students and non-students may attend Camps during School breaks at the Winter Holidays, Spring Break and Summer Break. Each Camp is a different “edu-tainment” theme, with Campers learning while they are having fun on their time off from traditional studies.
I pledge to give each child the best educational program available from
Infancy through Transitional Kindergarten
1. All students will receive portfolio assessments to monitor their academic growth and success.
2. Starting at age 3 students will receive report cards in December and May
3. Standardized testing starts at age 3 so we will understand your child’s academic strengths and weaknesses before entering into Pre-K
4. Standardized testing in Pre-K is administered 3 times a year
5. Transitional Kindergarten is designed for those students who are advanced and ready to begin the reading process. Or for students that may have completed Kindergarten and you feel as a parent they just might not be ready for 1st grade. The reading program is taught with the use of phonics teaching them the rules to begin reading, writing and spelling. At the end of Transitional Kindergarten the students will have the opportunity to read at a 1st/2nd gr. reading level before going into 1st gr. Student enter 1st gr. with the I can attitude -VS- the I can’t and feeling frustrated. The math program consists of 1. Math-Their Way philosophy “Doing math the child’s way” 2. Touch Point Math The student’s day consists of so much more please call and ask about our program.
6. infancy to age 2 Curriculum consists of Frog Street and New Beginnings
7. age 3 Early Pre-K Big Day Program
8. Pre-K and Transitional Kindergarten curriculum is Big Day Program from Scholastic
You are always welcome to call on me for answers or ideas or to simply share a memory about your child. After all, it is these children which inspire our hearts day after day!